RSS Feed

Modified Production Line


I wasn’t sure how my modified production line was going to work, once I got past the stage of drawing out the main focal points on all four of the monograms I’m working on.

Today I started adhering some of the beads and tiles. I started with Bea’s “B” because I had a bunch of pre-cut tiles and could make some quick progress.

8:9monograms6-w

I’m already liking how it is coming together. See the 3 circles on the bottom? I’m thinking I might put some tiny knobs on it so it can be place to hang necklaces, making it practical in addition to just a cute accent.

I only added a few beads to the letters for Meegan and Andra. Theirs will be the most time consuming because I have to cut most of the pieces.

8:9monograms1-w

 

8:9monograms5-w

Hannah’s is going to be my biggest challenge. She has picked out a VERY eclectic bunch of beads, and I have to figure out how to tie them all together into a cohesive piece. I jumped in and got most of the things she selected positioned. I know I’ll be using black grout on it, but I still don’t know what the unifying “THING” will be. Hopefully, I’ll know it when I see it!

8:9monograms4-w

 

8:9monograms3-w

The nice part about having four to work on at the same time is that if I hit a snag, I can move onto another piece and don’t have to stop while I get it figured out.

8:9monograms2-w

It will be a few days before I can work on them again, but I feel like I’ve got a good start!

About tatterednworn

I am a woman who has committed to living a creative life.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: