So, maybe I’m getting a little obsessive again, but after the success of my last mosaic monogram, I have more lined up. Four of them, actually.
I have been collecting up plates, beads and other elements for a few weeks, and although I don’t have everything I need for all four of them, I do have enough to get started.
Since I have so many, I set them up in a little production line. It’s a bit of a challenge because they’re all different letters and different colors, but there is a little overlap.
My first task was to sort the scraps from my last project to see what I can use for the new ones.
I was surprised to find some green pottery tucked into the bottom of the box of scraps I got at Re-Create. I’ll need those for two of my letters, as well as the bits of neutrals.
That completed, I moved on to penciling in the areas where the primary elements will be located on each letter. I didn’t do that with the first one because I had no idea what I was doing. Now that I have a little experience, I can better tell where I will want the focal points to be.
When I was sorting the chunk of pottery I found a bag of extra beads from the first project that included some metal bars (for my flowers.) I’d forgotten where I got them, thought I’d need more, and hadn’t been able to find them. But surprise, surprise, I had enough left for two flowers. Perfect!
I’ve kinda surprised myself by jumping into more of these so quickly. When I finish a major project, I’m usually ready to jump into something completely different. But these have me hooked, at least for the moment.