Today, I practiced the art of cooking…and practiced, and practiced and practiced! It was fun to cook with my daughter and daughter-in-law, but I didn’t think we’d EVER get done!
I really didn’t eat much of any one thing, but there was so much to chose from! I’m stuffed.
It was so fun to have all three of the cousins together. They are a cute bunch of monkeys, but here they are mesmerized by their movie, so they sat still long enough to take a picture.
Once the festivities wound down tonight, I jumped on the computer for a few minutes and came across a blog called “100 Thank Yous.” I liked the idea a lot, and even though I did a gratitude post last night, thought I’d see if I could come up with a quick 100 myself (I’m thinking it’s going to be a piece of cake!) So here goes, in no particular order:
1. Having a family I love and who love me
2. Having a home that I love spending time in
3. Living in Folsom
4. Being an American
5. Being politically aware and conversant in current affairs
6. President Obama
7. Having three of the greatest grand babies on the planet
8. My Mac air
9. My iphone
10. Loving technology
11. Having enough
12. Not having to worry about where my next meal is coming from
13. Being creative
14. Having a whole room to do my creating in
15. …and enough money to buy the supplies I want
16. Kelly Rae Robert’s “Taking Flight” class
17. My sisters in the “Fly Tribe”
18. Being able to do ATCs
17. My blog
18. The people who take the time to read it!!!
20. Loving to read and all the authors I like to follow
21. Vacationing in Maui
22. Longhi’s Belgian Endive Salad
23. Visiting the U.K.
24. Being Scottish (you don’t know how bad I wanted to be, and happy I was to find out I am!)
25. Finding that I can paint – I was so scared I would be awful at it!
26. Loving the Lord
27. Knowing he’ll never leave me to fend for myself
28. Hannah wanting to follow in my footsteps!
29. Bea’s little parrot kisses
30. Josh’s sweet little voice
31. Having kids-in-law that I love and get along with
32. The color red
33. All my red shoes
34. Matching towels
35. My health (in spite of carrying some extra pounds)
37. Cal Fit
38. Versa climber – my favorite exercise machine
40. Our DVR – gotta love it for time management!
43. All the memories from our Alaska trip
45. Not having to live with gray hair
46. Long walks on crisp days
47. Hobby Lobby
49. Katy Perry songs
50. Betsey Johnson
51. Pumpkin Pecan cheesecake
52. Knowing I have people I can call at 3am and they’ll be there for me
53. Having the ability to follow my bliss
55. The experience of having owned my own shop for 20 years
56. Caring for my granddaughters while their parents work
58. Rocking out to top 40 music
59. All my red serving pieces
60. Lots of fun napkin rings
61. Being a basically happy person
62. Having my priorities straight
63. Spending time in my garden
64. Having Elizabeth Warren as a role model
65. Loving to write, and being reasonably good at it
66. The ability to forgive and move on
67. Snuggling up in my recliner with my computer or knitting or just watching tv
68. Kale chips
69. Going to Mt. Shasta to see our son and his family and old friends
71. Toscana perfume – Cleopatra
72. My heart collection
73. Friends who pray for me (do I ever need prayer!)
74. Sleeping in a freezing cold room under a nice heavy quilt
75. Memories of all our wonderful animal companions (especially Azzi) and looking forward to the day when we have more…
76. How content I am most of the time
77. My persitence
78. That I am so open to new experiences, new ways of looking at things and learning
79. My compassion
80. My refusal to accept that the world has to be the way it is, and my optimism that it can be improved
81. The road less taken
82. Art and discovering how much I love looking at it and making it
83. Being old enough to appreciate how precious time is
84. Falling in love over and over for the last 40 years with the same man…it’s been a roller coaster, but well worth it!
85. Roller coasters!!!
86. Having my coffee made for me EVERY morning!
87. Having amazing women in my life that have more faith in me than I have in myself!
88. Having a daughter who is also my bestie!
89. Having a husband who is a whiz with technology and financial planning!
90. Not being blind!
91. Chick flicks!
92. Being a vegetarian (almost vegan!)
93. Loving animals
94. White wine
95. Ice water
96. Not taking the bounty in my life for granted
97. The ability to love easily and deeply
98. Wanting to understand things I don’t
99. Loving life
100. Acknowledging my gratitude often
What a great way to wrap up Thanksgiving! How about it? Are you up for giving it a whirl? I’d love to hear what you come up with!
Hope you had a great day!